free web stats

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Going In Circles

Todd VE said...

Your article before was a refutation of the anti-abortionist's argument that "its against societies morals" and the statement I was making was that in no way makes it right (as you imply in the rest of the post). In your reply to my post you concluded with "Just because you might think that abortion is wrong, doesn't give you the right to control what others do with their bodies", which is a whole other issue entirely. You have to place constraints on what people can do with their bodies... If I swing my fist toward your head that is technically freedom of my body; you must add the caveat that people are free to do what they want with their bodies as long as they don't hurt anyone else. That said, the case has never been made that a fetus is not a person, or where life begins. You can claim that it's after the first or second trimester, but then what is it a day before that?


You make a strange and hostile statement "If I swing my fist toward your head that is technically freedom of my body". No, that would be harming another individual, which a fetus is not until birth. I also don't remember saying anything about trimesters.

You also say that "the case has never been made that a fetus is not a person, or where life begins". Well then let me say it now : the fetus is not a person. And let the case for it be presented on this site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home